If you cannot join us at our events, but would still like to support our cause, please consider making a donation or placing an order at our online E Store!
Thank you for your support.
Upcoming Holiday Events
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE TICKET SALES
CLICK HERE FOR PRINTABLE MAIL IN PDF
Thank you to all who came to The Grand Opening Ceremony! Please see the Gallery of Photos from the event HERE
BAND AID for Autism 2011 Long Beach NY
A Live Music Benefit, Saluting the Professionals that ROCK! See our Gallery Here.
Nicholas Center for Autism & Spectrum Designs acquires a home on Main Street in Port Washington NY!
We are proud to announce our NEW HOME! 416 Main Street In Port Washington! We have a view of the Harbor and we cannot wait to show you around at our RIBBON CUTTING scheduled for Thursday October 27 at 6:00PM! Check out the gallery HERE.
Surf For All Benefit in Long Beach NY
We were so touched to be part of this event! Spectrum was asked to provide the shirts for this amazing event!
See Gallery Here.
A Night in White Soiree - A Brilliant Success!
Please See the Rest of Our Pictures HERE
A HUGE Thank you to our Sponsors , Contributors and Guests. With your help we raised over $26,000 in support of Spectrum Designs Foundation! This evening was a tribute to our CEO and Co Founder, Stella Spanakos' husband, Paul Kitsos, a large supporter of Autism causes who passed away suddenly on June 7 2010.
Clad in their white attire, our 150 guests enjoyed a spectacular dining experience at the Shelter Rock Tennis Club, a THEORY Fashion Showcase with professional models, as well as glimpse of Spectrums very own apparel line. Our attendees danced the night away to a Live music which brought us through a generation of music from the 60's to now! Spectrum Designs, is an innovative program supported by the Nicholas Center for Autism offering gainful employment and meaningful vocational experiences in a supportive environment. While teaching the trade of apparel decorating, our participants and employees produce exceptional products for the community while generating it's own income to support its efforts. With each contribution and order, you help support individuals with Autism and similar conditions ! Thank you for your support!
Spectrum Designs Foundation, presented with a Proclaimation from Nassau Country Executive Ed Mangano during Light the Night Blue Event in Mineola.
Mahasset sells over $1700 in their customized Manhasset Autism Awareness tees! See more photos of their trip to Spectrum in our Gallery!
Our St. Patrick Day Gathering was a huge success! We raised over $700 in just 2 hours! Our guests feasted on the St. Pats tradition of Corned Beef and Cabbage, thanks to the Whales Tale in Long Beach NY!
Thank you to all who came out!
Stella L. Spanakos, CEO
Nicole Sugrue, Director of Development
Patrick Bardsley, Program Director
United in their vision in creating meaningful and gainful opportunities for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders, the three Co-Creators of Spectrum Designs Foundation, are committed to using science based methods in advancing all their participants.
Spectrum Designs , is a division of the Nicholas Center for Autism.The mission of NCFA is to support the lifelong needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other related conditions, by creating innovative programs which are grounded in evidence based practices and designed to enhance their well being, autonomy and general quality of life.
Email this page to a friend
- 10/24/2011 Spectrum hosts the first ever Holiday Cheer and Charity Event! Join us a H on the Harbor for the Holiday Cocktail Party of the year! With Live Music, auctions, Signature Holiday Drinks and Non stop serving of gourmet cuisine! Click here for more information and ticket sales!
- 10/20/2011 Spectrum is awarded a Grant! The North Shore Autism Circle generously awards Spectrum Designs a grant to provide over 250 hours of gainful employment and support services to young men and women with autism! Thank you!
- 9/1/2011 Spectrum and The Nicholas Center have a new home! We are proud to announce our NEW HOME! 416 Main Street In Port Washington! We have a view of the Harbor and we cannot wait to show you around at our RIBBON CUTTING scheduled for Thursday October 27 at 6:00PM! RSVP to email@example.com
- 08/5/2011 Spectrum Thanks all who came out to support our first annual "Band-Aid for Autism"! ! Our first annual benefit jam in Long Beach NY! Band-Aid for Autism was a benefit for individuals with Autism , while Saluting the Professionals that ROCK! This evening featured LIVE MUSIC & FREE DRINKS and was a tribute to the tireless efforts of our direct care service providers!
- 07/14/2011 Spectrum Is Officially a Recognized Charitable 501(c)3 Organization! We are pleased to announce our 501(c)3 application was approved. All donations and purchases made through Spectrum are tax deductible! Thank you to all who support our efforts!
- 07/13/2011 Spectrum makes waves at Surf for all Event! A great time was had by all at the Surf for All Event at the Allegria Hotel in Long Beach NY! Surf Outings were held for children who were visually impaired or had Juvenile Diabetes. What an amazing benefit to be part of! PHOTOS
- 06/14/2011 Thank you to Our Sponsors and Donors! Spectrum Designs would like to thank our generous sponsors and donors for our "Night in White Summer Soiree". Thanks to our Sponsors, Guests and Contributors we raised over $27,000! We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts! PHOTOS SPONSORS
EJ Autism Foundation
Arlene & Mitchel Maidman
Deborah And John Bowman
Rose and Brendan Lavelle
Loren and Wayne King
Different Roads to Learning
LI Pulse Magazine
Great Restaurants of Long Island
- 04/8/2011 Manhasset High School Spreads Awareness and Spectrum Fashion!. In just 3 days of efforts, The ASD class at the Manhasset High School, produced their own T-Shirts and raised over $1700 in honor of Autism Awareness Month! Check out our Gallery for photos!
- 04/1/2011 Spectrum Lights the Night Blue with County Executive Ed Mangano and Autism Coalition. Along with other local Autism related organizations, we enjoyed an evening of networking, music, and gathering with families and collegues as we "Lit the Night Blue" in honor of Autism Awarness Month. Spectrum received a Proclaimation from our County Executive. Thank you to Diane Cahill for setting up this wonderful event.
How LUCKY we are! St. Pat's event Raises $700 in 2 Hours! Thank you to TheWhales Tale at 916 Long Beach NY. who hosted a feast of Corned Beef and Cabbage for all our generous supporters who came out to wish us "luck". Check out our Events page for photos!
Unveiling of our Internet Shopping Site! Spectrum Designs has been busy behind the scenes, getting their production workshop up and running, in an effort to begin producing their first few designs of fashionwear to be promoted and sold through their E Store. Not only will they be featuring their own customized designs in decorated apparel, they can also produce your next promotional wear! Be sure to contact us for your next sporting event, fundraiser or special occasion. Spectrum will also feature a full line of giftware favors Be sure to visit our Online E Store!
Spectrum Designs Foundation,Ltd.becomes an official New York State Corporation! Stella L. Spanakos, CEO and Co-Founder of Spectrum Designs Foundation, join together with her Co-Creators, Nicole Sugrue and Patrick Bardsley in an exciting venture! "We have long awaited a program that could offer meaningful and modern day employment opportunities for individuals on the Autism Spectrum. I decided to move forward and make the vision a reality", says Spanakos. "We are overjoyed and excited to make this happen".